WVHO Collaborating Centers
The WVHO Collaborating Centers play an important role in contributing to the work of the Vision Health Programs worldwide. While the majority are located in developed countries, they achieve designation as collaborating centres in recognition of their international contribution, often on projects involving developing countries.
- AMD Alliance International http://www.amdalliance.org
- American Academy of Ophthalmology https://www.aao.org
- American Macular Degeneration Foundation https://www.macular.org
- Lighthouse Guild www.lighthouseguild.org
- Macular Degeneration Partnership http://www.amd.org
- Macula Vision Research Foundation http://www.mvrf.org
- MD Support http://www.mdsupport.org
- National Eye Institute https://www.nei.nih.gov
- The Low Vision Gateway http://www.lowvision.org
- Lea Test: http://lea-test.fi/
For more eye health organizations, click here to visit the website of American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Durr NJ, Dave SR, Lage E, Marcos S, Thorn F, Lim D. From unseen to seen: tackling the global burden of uncorrected refractive errors. Annu Rev Biomed Eng. 2014 Jul 11;16:131-53. doi: 10.1146/annurev-bioeng-071813-105216. Epub 2014 Jun 2. [Abstract]
Fricke TR, Tahhan N, Resnikoff S, et al. Global Prevalence of Presbyopia and Vision Impairment from Uncorrected Presbyopia: Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, and Modelling. Ophthalmology. 2018 May 9. pii: S0161-6420(17)33797-1. doi: 10.1016/j.ophtha.2018.04.013. [Epub ahead of print] [Free full text]